Jobs for the Farm Park Attraction Industry
This page promotes the latest industry job vacancies available at NFAN member Farm Attractions or Trade Members.
Please let us know when you fill the vacancy so that we can keep our job list updated.
Current Job Vacancies
Experience Educational Farm Worker
We are an educational farm, focused on food and farming, located on a 200 acre working farm in Mill Hill.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person to join the current team and move the business forward. The successful candidate will have previous experience working in an animal environment with a wide range of animals; be confident interacting with visitors during educational tours, public talks, and animal interaction activities; will have the ability to work in a pressurised environment; and a passion for working with animals and educating the public.
- Daily care of animals, watering / feeding animals, mucking out and bedding animals, supplying enrichment
- Leading private farm tours, talks, and animal interaction sessions, routinely monitoring animal health and administering medications under supervision of the supervisor/vet,
- Ensuring vehicles and equipment are maintained in a satisfactory condition.
- 1 years experience working in an animal/public environment is essential.
- Full UK driving license is preferred.
If successful at interview, candidates will be required to work a trial day at the farm.
Due to the nature of the business, DBS checks will be carried out on the successful candidate.
Salary is dependent on experience, single accommodation available if required.
To apply and for more information please send CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the farm manager
Farm (Livestock) Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who puts animal welfare as the highest priority and is able to continually review exhibits with customer satisfaction in mind.
You will have a background in Livestock Management and proven experience in leading a team in a customer facing environment.
- You will be responsible for a team of approximately 6 people in the farm.
- You will be keen to promote an inclusive and collaborative environment.
- You will have innovative ideas and suggestions on how to improve the visitor experience .
- You will have innovative ideas and suggestions on how to and increase interaction at touch points throughout the visitor’s day.
- You will have a good understanding of health and safety practices i.e. preventing zoonotic diseases by way of good hygiene practices.
You will be responsible for over 500 animals and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
The role will involve working full time, 5 days of 7 including weekends and bank holidays.
We would love to hear from applicants who meet the above the criteria, accommodation could be available to the right candidate needing to relocate.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Farm Park General Manager
Barleylands is a well-established family attraction in Billericay, Essex and attracts over 500,000 visitors a year.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our management team with a focus on managing the Farm Park & Craft Village.
- Your main duty will be the smooth day to day running of the Farm Park & Craft Village.
- Manage staff on a daily basis, making sure all jobs are undertaken before opening to the public, maintain high standards at all times.
- Managing performance and development of the team to ensure excellent customer service.
- You will need to be able to build strong relationships with the existing team
- The ability to lead by example and inspire and motive your team.
- Have high standards of customer service and presentation.
- Manage Projects & setting up Events within the farm park.
- Duties will include maintaining the livestock, sourcing new animals, maintaining numbers and dealing with general animal welfare.
- Maintain the statuary requirements for the Zoo licence and BPS Cross Compliance.
- Maintain all aspects of the farm park, repairs, maintenance & cleaning.
- Manage Health & Safety and First Aid.
- Formulate marketing strategies and analyse visitor feedback.
- Be creative with new ideas for future events and activities.
- Work closely with other managers and departments.
- Be able to work alternate weekends and be flexible.
- Must be computer literate.
We offer a competitive remuneration package:
Pension, company vehicle, health care insurance and a 3-bedroom house.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter to: Phil Burrows (Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full job description please visit www.barleylands.co.uk/work-for-us
Hounslow Urban Farm
Working with farm and exotic animals. Daily care, cleaning feeding enrichment.
Talking to a large number of visitors and school children about animals and the importance of their conservation.
Must be confident at public speaking and clear and concise in the delivery of facts as well as fun and entertaining. Must have experience in animal care including reptiles and farm animals.
Seasonal temporary position to start immediately will be required to work weekends.
Must have full driving licence and be confident at driving a medium sized van. Ideally we are looking for someone who is passionate about animals and children and conveying our conservation message.
Staff will be CRB checked to be paid for by the employer.
For further information and to apply please send your CV to email@example.com
Cotswold Farm Park, Gloucestershire
Cotswold Farm Park has a number of exciting opportunities visit their careers page for details.
If you are a NFAN member, please email your job vacancies to firstname.lastname@example.org.