Influence the Industry’s Direction
- NFAN is one of the key consultants having worked with the HSE to create the Industry Code of Practice for farm visits. As a Member, you will be kept up-to-date on the latest industry advice and have direct contact with the NFAN Members who liaise with HSE on future guidelines.
- NFAN are often asked for their opinion from other trade bodies and government agencies. You have direct access to the Committee who liaise with such bodies.
Network and Learn from Fellow Members
- Encouraging networking has and always will be a core function of The NFAN. All Members tell us that sharing ideas and best practice with fellow operators is priceless. Throughout the year, The NFAN organises regular events to foster good working relationships between the UK’s Farm park industry.
- Events vary from specialist workshops led by industry experts to Open Days at farm parks across the country, overnight road shows and the NFAN Annual Conference.
Access our Members Only Sections of the website
- Some sections of the website are only accessible to Members including advice articles on issues including planning, sources of grant funding, business rates etc. (an extremely useful resource).
- Got a problem, seeking advice, want to share a success? The members only Facebook Group is a superb resource for peer to peer support. Within minutes you can have invaluable feedback from other NFAN members.
Receive Sound Industry Advice
- Tap into a pool of expert knowledge – in addition to the free telephone service, you’ll get access to the Members only section of the website.
- Be the first to hear important industry news by email, receive NFAN’s ‘Network News’, and obtain access to the resources section of the NFAN website.
- Attend educational FarmHub workshops to grow your knowledge in specific areas.
- For those new to the industry, you’ll get specific advice to set you on the right path.
- After a grant? We can advise where you could source grant aid funding, including the provision of a supporting letter to strengthen your grant application.
Animal Attraction Assured certification
- In 2018 NFAN launched the new Animal Attraction Assured (AAA) certification scheme. This benchmark standard is an annual audit of compliance with the Industry Code of Practice and can offer significant savings on insurance premiums for certified venues – details on the website here
Obtain Free Consultations & Special Discounts
- Have a planning problem, need advice on health & safety issues, or other key areas of your business? NFAN members get a free initial telephone consultation with one of our panel of experts.
- Want a recommended insurance product? Through our preferred insurance partner, we can offer NFAN members competitive insurance tailored to the needs of the farm attraction industry.
- Exclusive for NFAN members is a 5% retrospective discount scheme with Booker Wholesale, payable twice annually on all Non-Tobacco purchases excluding VAT. Over 6 months Booker paid over £18,000 in rebates to NFAN members helping them save money and operate their businesses more profitably. With discounts like these, you will get back your membership fee very quickly.
- Free Mystery Shopper visit for all new NFAN members conducted by Insight6 worth over £200. This includes a comprehensive report and valuable feedback session. Any entry, food and drink costs are not included.
Participate in Marketing Activity
- As a Member your details will be added to the NFAN website, often used as a source of information for day out directory website and you can use the NFAN logo.
Enter our Annual Awards
- Only open to Members, the NFAN Awards showcase the best in the industry. The awards encourage operators to compete with the best in the business and strive for improvement to meet the NFAN Awards standard.
“Being Members allowed us to enter and win the NFAN awards, a great boost for the staff and for marketing.”
Steve Vinden, Odds Farm Park
“I cannot recommend the NFAN highly enough. I would, go so far as to say, it would be foolhardy to proceed without them.”
Tim Rollings, Fishers Farm Park
“They fill the knowledge information gap which any farmer wishing to diversify must have.”
Sandra Palmer, Farmer Palmers Farm Park
“NFAN gives you plenty of networking opportunities. Getting to know other farm park operators with similar issues has huge benefits.”
Richard Waring, Rand Farm Park